Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Day 8: Museum and McDonald's

Today was a fine day! I woke up and got ready for the day before I called Bob this morning. (I am starting to wise up) I got the kids to do their morning chores. Okay, I told them they couldn't go to the Museum today if they didn't. :) I got some needed paperwork done and got it turned in! For me that is a huge accomplishment, I hate paperwork and I love procrastinating! Every second Tuesday in Cedar City the local Museum has "Story Hour". It is great and my kids love it. Today we read a story about Cowboy Macoy and his experience on becoming a cowboy. Afterwards they took the kids out and let them lasso a fake pig, horse and cow. This was the first time that the weather was good enough and we could go and look at their outside displays. They have a sheep shearing shed, a school house, and an old cabin out back (just to name a few). I LOVE it! I makes me want to become a homesteader so bad! On the inside the kids can climb in a Western Union Carriage and pretend they are passengers. This is one of their favorite activities. On a funny note, Ben adopted another family that had more boys in it. He followed them around everywhere. I finally located him next to the electric train. He was jumping up and down every time it went around shouting "Look Mom! A Choo-Choo train!" Bethany and him have been playing with our train set a lot lately. Bethany kept telling me that " the black train is the Polar Express!"
We then went to McDonald's and let the kids run a muck. Megan met a new friend and they had a great time! By the time we got home it was 4 hours later! The kids crashed and took late naps. We read their kids school books before bed, which was awful late tonight. Molly said "Dad's been gone a long time!" I had to get out the calender and show her how long it will be. She was excited that we get to see him in July.
Talked to Bob tonight and we both checked our grades. I got all A's and 1 B! Except for a History class that I have decided to take over this summer, in which I got an F but I was on track to get an A. I was so far behind that I would have spent ALL day for the first few days Bob was gone and I might have pulled off a C. So I decided the kids needed me more and I would just retake it, I read all but 10 chapters in the book so I think I can breeze through it this summer. Bob wearily checked his grades and found the greatest shock of his life! He got all A's and B's! He ended up with a B- in Business Calc and a B+ in Business Stats!!!! It is PARTY time! OH! And he got 2 installs today! He worked till past Midnight but it ended up being a good day for him too!
This was my Mother's Day present from Hannah and Megan! Grandpa Thornton took them to Home Depot on Saturday and they made these for me. The red one has Pansies in it and the Purple one has Snapdragons. Snapdragons are one of our favorites, Bob loves to plant them every year!

Ben fell asleep on the couch like this. This was from Day 7. The Lazy Day :)

Our dog, Shelby, has been sick. I brought her in to give her some medicine and Ben decided that he should ride her. He loves her. He loves all animals. P.S. Look at her new collar, she actually looks like a girl!

No comments:

Post a Comment