Thursday, May 5, 2011

Day 3: Not exactly like I planned

Today was an "eh, okay" day. I got up feeling great because it was such a great day yesterday! I ended up talking to Bob for quite a while this morning, giving him directions to stores that are near where he lives (I love google maps). I guess I had planned that today would go about the same as yesterday. Well, I got the kids fed but I hadn't eaten yet. When I make my protein drink in the morning I am flooded with at least 3 kids who "want some". I was almost out of O.J. so I thought I would get around to it eventually, in secret. ( I don't know what I was thinking, our blender is anything but "secret") So my Grandfather shows up to work on our yard today and announces that "today is the day to plant the garden". Not that it is a bad thing, I just wasn't expecting to do that today. So here I am out in the yard, hoeing in dirt that has the consistency of clay! I hadn't eaten, I was trying to make sure the kids didn't get run over by a tractor, and I was nervous that the kids inside were wrecking the house. Needless to say, I was getting grumpy. I then realized that I hadn't eaten and I went inside and sat down to eat a salad. About an hour later, much happier mama!
Tonight we got invited over to my Mom and Dad's. Melanie (my sister) and her husband Jesse are leaving for Kansas City, MO tomorrow. So we decided to come and have a sleepover at their house, which is also my parents house. The kids had a great time playing outside and roasting marshmallows. GIANT marshmallows!

This is Megan climbing on the giant rock in Grandpa's backyard.

I am trying to get videos on this blog but they just aren't working! Here is a link to the one I was trying to post today:
http://www.facebook.com/video/video.php?v=10150184365962416&notif_t=video_processed

Oh! Here is a funny from Megan. We were driving to Grandma's and she saw some guy working without his shirt on. The conversation went something like this:
Megan: "EW! I just saw a naked guy back there! GROSS! I am going to forget about that right now!"
Hannah: "Guys can go without their shirts when they are swimming"
Megan: "He was in the dirt. That is so RUDE!"
She then goes on to ask me how we can tell if people are members of the church or not. I thought it was very cute. I asked her which church we belonged to and she responded "Jesus Christ's!" Which made the whole car break out in song to " I belong to the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints." Honestly, this is when I take a sigh of relief and remember that these lessons are truly what homeschooling is about.

No comments:

Post a Comment